:Why should we give to missions?
It’s a form of worshiping God.
- Honor the Lord with your wealth
and with the first fruits of all your produce;
- When you honor someone you are lifting them up. Saying “you are the best you are the greatest. You’re giving recognition of who someone is
But why should we help people?
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’
37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry
and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and
show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least
of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’
- When you give to others you are also giving to God.
How do we give?
- Don’t be all flashy with it.
3 But when you give to someone in need, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. 4 Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.
- Practical ways to give
- If you have friends who are hungry and you have more than enough food for yourself give them some of your food.
- If you see someone who’s worn out and exhausted give them a cup of water
- Meet their needs where you can.
- Be nice and caring to people you don’t know.
- BGMC ( http://bgmc.ag.org/ )