This is another sermon in our series on Faith. This one is about how by faith we please God.
Hebrews 11:5-6 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, and was not found, because God had taken him; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please Him, For he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
We cannot please God without Faith (vs6a)
1. Another word for faith is trust.
2. If someone doesn’t trust you are you happy with them?
He who comes to God must believe He is… (vs6b)
- ESV says Must believe he exists.
- OJB says in the fact that yesh Elohim (God is there)
3. It brings pleasure to God to know that you know that He is there for you. He’s not some mystical mythical being that doesn’t exist. HE IS REAL!
4. Illustration of a trust fall
Trust fall is where someone stands up on a high chair or bench then falls backwards trusting that the people behind will catch them. I had a rather large helper that day and had him catching my volunteers
He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.
1. God rewards us for having great faith in God
2. Finish illustration of trust fall.