What is worship?
Worship is how we respond when God is present
Psalm 22:3 “yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel.”
Forms of worship
- Singing 1 Chronicles 16:8-10
- Lifting Hands
- Etc. (prostration kneeling) Volunteer being knighted
- Life Colossians 3:17
Abraham & Isaac
Sarah: 90 yrs
Abraham: 100 yrs
- 1-2 God’s Test
- 3Abraham left prepared. We must prepare ourselves
- 5 Worship!!!
- 7-10 Abraham had faith to trust God to provide.
- 11-13 God honors his promise to Abraham
Abraham was willing to sacrifice what was most important to him, his promised son
- Worship requires sacrifice.
- We must be willing to give God ALL that we have.
- We must be willing to give our very best
- If we give God our best, He will give us His best.